Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_11_] Ophelia[_11_] is offline

Default False conceptions of what other countries eat.

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> I've also had it drilled into me that British food is bland and boring.
> And yet, I used to watch The Two Fat Ladies and the food that they made
> was not that at all. In fact any of their recipes that I tried were quite
> good.

I know, I get that here all the time) I can assure you that my food is
neither bland nor boring and I don't need to use a load of spice to make
them interesting. I think that is more about what one is used to. Our
eldest granddaughter's other grandparents and family are American and she
spends a lot of time there with them too, but she still loves my cooking and
always has requests when she visits)

My
> dad didn't help me out any after he went there for business and came home
> telling us that you have to eat little fish for breakfast. I presume that
> these were kippers?

Well I think they are a common breakfast for some but I haven't had them in
years.

> So did you have any false conceptions of foods that are eaten in other
> countries? Or heard of any such things?

When I saw those counters of 'US food' I didn't think for one moment they
were what 'everyone' in US eats: and especially not the posters here

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/