TFM®

Default Ha, I just found out who invented the briquette

Niki wrote:
> JakBQuik wrote:
>
>> Me too. It's amazing to me that briquettes and lighter fluid are
>> still the tools of choice for so many folks. My BIL still adds
>> about 3 good squirts of lighter fluid after the coals are going good!

> Last week I did something a lil different on the charcoal grill. After
> the flames were dying down a bit, I lightly drizzled the not so hot
> spots with a bit of vegetable oil. It was the best fire in a long
> time.

Was trying to cook breakfast on an improvised (read I built it) grill in
Lochloosa, Fl some time back. Not having much luck with temps and trying to
cook bacon. My friend Ed tipped the skillet and let the bacon grease pour
into the fire.

What a difference that makes.

Actually needed more ventilation in the cooker, but bacon grease is a
wonderful substitue.

TFM®