Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pico Rico[_2_] Pico Rico[_2_] is offline

Default Homemade Bacon Recipe

> wrote in message
All right! I found it! I lost my own copy of this and it's been a couple
years since I've made a batch. Just today I finished salting down a couple
of butts, and then it occurred to me that I wasn't exactly sure about the
curing time. I guessed 5 and 5 and by God I was right!

Btw, I'm the OP for this DIY Bacon Recipe. And, just for the record and
bragging rights, this was the first homemade bacon recipe to appear on the
web back in 2003. Yeah, waaaay back in the olden days.

maybe you can still claim to be the guy who makes his bacon with butts. I
use pork belly, like the rest of the world.

or are you making buckboard bacon, Canadian bacon, or something other than
"bacon bacon"?

---