Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Donald[_4_] Donald[_4_] is offline

Default Maximum sugar without choking fermentation?

I agree on the champagne yeast. It is alcohol tolerant up to perhaps
18%.

If all you are looking for is high alcohol, try the turbo yeast made
for home distillilation. It's VERY alcohol tolerant.

Don't expect a smooth wine if you jack up the alcohol content, though.
It will have a bite that doesn't belong to wines.

Donald

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 22:55:22 -0800 (PST), dncswclds