Pinky

Default Oak in Sauvignon Blanc

I personally wouldn't, it will mask the grassy. flinty taste of the
Sauvignon blanc -- which is often matured "sur lie" in the Loire valley ( cf
Pouilly Fumée).
I suppose it depends on the quality of the kit.
I always oak my chardonnays ( oaking and aging gives chardonnay that
delightful "buttery" taste) but never my Sauvignon Blanc or Muscadet --
two of my favourite whites -- I like the sharp dry acidness of both wines
and oaking would smooth and take the edge of sharpness away.
All IMHO!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire, England