Old 22-12-2013, 02:44 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Julienner?

Todd wrote:
: On 12/21/2013 03:21 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: Karen wrote:
: :
: : : Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: : : first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)
: :
: : They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
: : proper manoline.
: :
: : Wendy
:
: : My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
: : slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
: : cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.
:
: does he have all his fingers?
:
: Wendy
:

: Yikes. Maybe I should see how I like the outcome with
: a potato peeler first.

We are talking of mandolines, a scary slicer. If you don't know what it
is, try amazon to see what they are like!

Wendy