Old 21-12-2013, 10:23 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Karen[_11_] Karen[_11_] is offline

Default Julienner?

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 22:15:39 +0000 (UTC), in alt.food.diabetic, "W.
Baker" wrote:

Bj?rn Steensrud wrote:
: Cheri wrote:

:
: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...
: On 12/20/2013 06:57 PM, Cheri wrote:
:
: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi All,
:
: Does this one look good?
: http://www.amazon.com/Kuhn-Rikon-Jul...words=Julienne
:
:
: It is by the same folks that made
: my pressure cookers and the quality of those is excellent.
:
: -T
:
: Sure it looks fine, but no need to spend that much. I have this one and
: it works beautifully. Your choice though.
:
: http://www.amazon.com/Zyliss-30700-J...ulienne+peeler
:
:
: Hi Cheri,
:
: Thank you!
:
: No one is Wal Mart or Raley's knew what a Junienner
: was. I had to look on Amazon. :'(
:
: At Wal-Mart they're where the potato peelers and kitchen gadgets are, at
: least that's where they are here. I'm not surprised that they didn't know
: though. That happens a lot with all kinds of things. I think they don't
: want to bother looking in a lot of cases.
:
: Cheri
:

: Ask them for a mandoline :-) I'll buy one here locally next year. The
: first one I saw was around $200 !!! (A net search gave me other choices.)

They scare the H-ll out of me. I always would fer for my fingers with a
proper manoline.

Wendy

My mandoline has a finger guard that protects your fingers while
slicing. The only time you might cut a finger would be during the
cleaning process. My husband does that for me, thankfully.