Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Bjørn Steensrud Bjørn Steensrud is offline

Default What's for Christmas Dinner?

Todd wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What are you cooking for Christmas dinner? I haven't
> decided yet and would love to know what you guys
> are making!
>
> -T

Pinnekjøtt http://www.matsiden.no/artikkel_head.asp?a_id=446
Skip the text, just see the picture. Salted, dried lamb ribs-
then soaked for a day or so. Steamed, not boiled, although it could be just
boiled if it hasn't been soaked to get out (most of) the salt.
Mashed rutabaga/kohlrabi is always on the side, potatoes for those who can
eat them (not me). Was introduced to it by my mother-in-law about 46 years
ago and had it for Christmas ever since, except for one turkey dinner in the
US :-)