Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another example of The Law of Unintended Consequences.

"sf" > wrote in message
> The tiny beads in facial scrubs, toothpaste and hundreds of other
> products are coming back to tie us in the butt.
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/us...s.html?hp&_r=0
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Lovely! Although I no longer need or use a facial scrub, a good cheap one
is a mix of cornmeal, honey and lemon juice for oily skin. Use avocado
instead of the lemon for dry skin. Regular old sugar makes a good body
scrub. Can add a few drops of essential oil for scent and some kind of oil
like olive, if you have dry skin.

Now that I think about it though... They say not to put oil down the drain
and I do take pains in the kitchen not to do that but... What about
moisturizing soaps and body washes? They have oil. Hmmmm...