Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Are some microwaves better for popcorn?

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 04:14:28 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I tried the lemon popcorn again and although the end result tastes
>> wonderful, there was a problem. I had to stop the popping because I
>> could
>> smell it starting to scorch. Only a few kernels got that way and overall
>> there is no scorched taste. But because of this, about half of the
>> kernels
>> didn't pop. So, grrr...
>>
>> On the plus side, I still have most of the packet of seasoning #2 (the
>> lemon
>> and salt) so I can use it another time on my own popcorn. And I will for
>> sure try to come up with this seasoning on my own. But this is exactly
>> the
>> flavor that I wanted.

> Here was your problem:
>
>> I only used the tiniest bit of the oil this time.

No. The oil is put on after it is popped.

> Again, If you'd just follow the instructions like normal people you
> wouldn't have all these problems. And then have to speculate about
> what is going wrong.

I did! Said it could take up to three minutes to pop. But to stop the
popping when it gets down to one second between pops. But mine wasn't even
to that point yet and it it was all scorched. The second time, it began to
scorch even sooner. I stopped the popping so damage to only maybe three
kernels but about half was unpopped.