Old 14-12-2013, 03:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 1920's Humble Tamale Pie

On 2013-12-13, zxcvbob wrote:

Maybe try using canned enchilada sauce (green or red) instead of
tomatoes.

Ain't gonna be worth a damn till a can of corn and some sliced black
olives get worked in there. Also needs some cheese.

Corn, okay. Olives, no... but black beans could work.

I would put beans in everything if I had it my way. But I am trying not to
give him too many beans in a week because of the gout. I did give him beans
the day before and he has been eating a lot of hummus.