Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Dinner tonight

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 12/13/2013 11:05 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
> : > : >> : berry flavored sparkling water, vintage last month
> : > : >> : (it was a good month).
> : > : >>
> : > : >> : -T
> : > : >>
> : > : >> Try using lengthwise slices of either eggplant or zucchini(or
> : > : >> mixture of
> : > : >> both) as substitutes for the nooldle.. Adds nice
> taste,texture and
> : > : >> ntritin to the dish. they are both vegetabeles that would
> imporove the
> : > : >> dish.
> : > : >>
> : > : >> Wendy
> : > : >>
> : > : >
> : > : > Hi Wendy,
> : > : >
> : > : > Thank you!
> : > : >
> : > : > Do you slice with a potato peeler?
> : >
> : > No, I use a sharp knife adn they needn't be crazy thin.:
> : > : > Do you cook them first? Fry them in EVOO? Any salt?
> : > : >
> : >
> : > Sometimes I soften them in the microwave adn other times I bake
> theslices
> : > on a baking sheet in the oven. I don't fry them as I do not use
> lots of
> : > oil or other fats if possible. Not good for either my weight or
> my
> : > stomach. Can set off the runs.
> : >
> : > Wendy
> : >
>
> : Hi Wendy,
>
> : Thank you!
>
> : How do you slice them?
>
> : -T
>
> : --
> Lengthwise, with a sharp knife. they do NOT have to be paper thin or
> totally regular. It is not a prescision process.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thank you! (You can tell how new I am to this.)

I like to slice mine lengthways and pan fry each side using a dash of
olive oil to wet the pan only. Then when they are cool enough to handle
I roll them around a filling of marinated feta cheese or slice baby
peppers that have been stuffed with whatever. Put a toothpick in them to
hold it together, especially if using it as a party finger food. They
make a good side for most things. I can get both the feta and baby
peppers in most good delis or even some supermarket deli sections.