Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roy[_2_] Roy[_2_] is offline

Default Cheap meat at what cost?

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:17:54 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> Here is why the air space over factory farms is so fiercely protected.
>
> It has everything to do with animal cruelty and nothing to do with
>
> cutting edge animal husbandry (if that's the correct term).
>
> http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/...imal-activists
>
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

As a long time farmer, I have raised hogs, cattle, horses. chickens and turkeys.
I started watching that video of farm workers miss-treating animals but
I couldn't finish it...it was too disgusting. I always treated my animals with
respect and as kindly as possible. Those people should be imprisoned for
their cruelty and never allowed near animals EVER.

I am retired now but still live on my farm. No one can ever say that I
miss-treated my animals and I am proud to say so.
===