JimL

Default semi-sweet chocolate - any differences?

So I have a brownie recipe, only my 213th to try (scientific purposes,
of course).

It calls for six ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, "chopped." I asume
that means the hard squares, in the box, and try to chop them up,
spill them all over the place, or else in my electric mini chopper and
burn out the motor again.

Then I think: "Here's a bag of Nestle's (or even Godiva, etc., etc.)
chocolate chips (or morsels), already in small size. I can measure
out 6 ounces out of a 12 ounce bag." And the price is a big
difference.

So my question: Is there a difference, if both are "semi-sweet,"
between the hard squares and the chips in a bag?