Ed Marks

Default extended maceration

Tom,

I'd thought about doing that, and wondered if it would help to initiate a
MLF when you tie the liner. I'm assuming by tieing up the liner you can't
really produce an air tight seal, so having a small level of CO2 being
produced by the MLF would help protect the wine. Would that work?

Ed

"Tom S" > wrote in message
m...

> "Anthony J. Devitt" > wrote in message
> > Looking for tips on extended maceration. Never done one before; seeking
> > advise. I ferment in 32G Rubbermaid Brutes lined with plastic

fermentation