Posted to alt.food.wine
Ken Blake, MVP Ken Blake, MVP is offline

Default TN: Post Thanksgiving wines- Sicily, Liguria, Wachau, South Africa

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013 08:18:02 -0800 (PST), "Bi!!" >
wrote:

> On Monday, December 2, 2013 5:20:29 PM UTC-5, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 12:53:56 -0800 (PST), DaleW
> >
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Sunday we went to her sister-in-laws for a big family dinner, provisioned from a trip to Arthur Avenue.

> > I'm just curious as to how many people here know where Arthur Avenue
> >
> > is or what's there.
> >

> > I do, but I suspect that I'm in the great minority.

> Since Dale lives in NYC

Actually a suburb of NYC, unless he recently moved to the city.

> I assumed he meant the Market in the Bronx in Little Italy.

Yes, I'm sure that's what he meant.

> I was there last Thanksgiving and my son in law took me there otherwise I wouldn't have known.

I've been there many times. I've shopped there and eaten in several
restaurants there. And when I used to live in Westchester county (the
same county Dale is in) I used to buy bread that was made on Arthur
Avenue in a local salumeria near my home. Although I live on the other
side of the country now, I used to live in the Bronx. And for a year I
went to a High School very close to Arthur Avenue.