Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default 2013 new Christmas Candy: Bacon Maple Truffles!

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:14:00 -0600, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>Two years ago, I experimented with chocolate covered bacon:
>
>http://oi52.tinypic.com/2edb4f6.jpg
>
>4 of my 6 test strips didn't last the day! YUM!!!
>
>So this year I'm making Bacon Maple Truffles!
>
>3# chopped dark chocolate
>1.5 lbs bacon, fried crispy, drained and crumbled
>1 cup 40% cream
>1/2 cup maple syrup
>
>May need more cream or maple(?) as the ganache was very stiff. Not
>easily pourable like pure chocolate ganache. Mixed the cream, maple
>syrup and crumbled bacon and brought to a boil, just, then dumped in
>the chocolate and stirred stirred stirred. Much thicker than a pure
>chocolate+cream ganache, we'll see how it works out.
>
>Bacon is meat candy! :-)
>
>John Kuthe...

Well, one thiong I learned right away as the gamache set up, THIS
STUFF IS TOO STIFF TO WORK!

So I broke it up and put it in a bowl with 1/2 cup of cream and warmed
in the microwave. Mixed well and put in a tray to cool.

This should be workable.

John Kuthe...