Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default 2013 new Christmas Candy: Bacon Maple Truffles!

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:02:58 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> Two years ago, I experimented with chocolate covered bacon:
>>
>> http://oi52.tinypic.com/2edb4f6.jpg
>>
>> 4 of my 6 test strips didn't last the day! YUM!!!

>I believe you, John. The taste combo sounds good!
>
>G.

It was amazingly yummy! The bacon flavor didn't come through at first,
but developed slowly and subtley.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to remelt and add cream to the Bacon
Maple Truffle ganache. It's WAY to stiff as is to work into dippable
pieces.

John Kuthe...