W ä l r ü s

Default Can you rate this recipe?

Can anyone see if this recipe looks OK? It is a "substitution" for the
acids & tannins. It's a natural "old style" recipe.

Just starting out, so I am wanting to try it, because it's cheap & I can do
it now, without buying all the winemaking extras.

With all the pasturizing in the food industry & if I keep a clean area for
making it, I hope it would work.

Please post what you think & if you feel something should be added, replaced
or omitted and why.

Thanks!
--
Wälrüs

128 Oz - Any "red" juice (Grape, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry,
etc......).
3-1/2C - Sugar.
Pinch - Baker's Yeast (Converts to about 14% alcohol).
2 Tsp - Lemon Juice (In place of Citric acid).
1 Tsp - Cream of tartar (In place of Tartaric acid).
1 Slice - Apple (In place of Malic acid).
1/8 Cup - Pureed Raisins (In place of Nutrient).
Tea - From one tea bag (In place of Tannins).

Mix together juice & sugar until blended.

Add the rest, add airlock & place in 70 degree tempurature until
fermentation stops (about 30-40 days).

Wait another 7-14 days for wine to settle & clear.

Pour into bottles through a coffee filter, to elimimate spillage of
sediment. Cork or serve. Makes 1 gallon.