Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default 2013 new Christmas Candy: Bacon Maple Truffles!

Two years ago, I experimented with chocolate covered bacon:

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2edb4f6.jpg

4 of my 6 test strips didn't last the day! YUM!!!

So this year I'm making Bacon Maple Truffles!

3# chopped dark chocolate
1.5 lbs bacon, fried crispy, drained and crumbled
1 cup 40% cream
1/2 cup maple syrup

May need more cream or maple(?) as the ganache was very stiff. Not
easily pourable like pure chocolate ganache. Mixed the cream, maple
syrup and crumbled bacon and brought to a boil, just, then dumped in
the chocolate and stirred stirred stirred. Much thicker than a pure
chocolate+cream ganache, we'll see how it works out.

Bacon is meat candy! :-)

John Kuthe...