Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What are your turkey spices?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 11/22/2013 12:59 PM, Cheri wrote:
> : > I would assume that the posters that it applied to would respond,
> others
> : > wouldn't, but sometimes people just want to be ****y and take
> exception
> : > to even the most innocent posts.
>
> : Hi Cheri,
>
> : She might be on Metformin. Makes you think negative things
> : are happening all around you. And that people are attacking
> : you, when they are not.
>
> : -T
>
> AFter some 17 years on Metformin(ex) it hasn't happened to me. No
> personality issues at all. It just does bohter me when people make
> blanket statements about a drug, etc that just aren't true. for many of
> us Metformin works very well adn the extended release versions solves the
> major probleminvolving gastric issues. I find I keep havign to repeat
> this almost every time Todd talks about the drug.

Yes. I am getting tired of this as well. Not sure how many years I have
taken it but off and on (mostly on I suppose) for close to 15 years. My dad
takes it and so does Angela. It did give her the big D at the highest dose.
But luckily, 1500 mg works out well for her. Is enough to bring the insulin
resistance and her A1c down. Insulin resistance is still too high but A1c
is in normal range.

If anything, it *improved* our personalities because we just didn't feel
well prior to taking it. I was very snappish. Partially due to having
chronic big D myself, presumably from the high BG. And I was constantly
hungry. Took months for the big D to go away, but I also didn't know of my
food intolerances back then and I was eating a lot of eggs and cottage
cheese. I'm sure that didn't help. And neither did my being hyperthyroid.
That caused the food to rush right through me. Clearly there is no one size
fits all here.

I have had bad reactions to many meds. But I would never assume that others
will have the same. Of course if I do see/hear someone complaining of those
side effects and I know they are on that med, I will mention it. But I
won't just assume that because I can't take it, they can't either.

Also, there can be a variety of reasons why a med causes us problems.
Thankfully the big D isn't chronic for me now but... When it was, I bought
the Kirkland (Costco) brand of Imodium and got really annoyed when it only
seemed to make the problem worse. Then I read online that it has dairy in
it. Oops! There was me, failing to do what I know to do. Read every
label, every time! Sometimes it isn't the med itself that we are reacting
to but a color or filler or...who knows?

Same goes for two eye ointments that cause me to have an allergic reaction.
It isn't the med. I can use that med topically and no problem. But when
put in an eye ointment, big problem!

> There are always peole who find a certain drug disagrees with them. the
> next thing you know, is that they are condemning it for everyone and on a
> food group , not a group about the medical issues of the disease.
>
> We were discussing turkey recipes not drugs here.

Yes, we were. I need to locate some drumsticks and look up a recipe but...
I think the only seasonings I used were celery and onion when I made them.
There may have been salt, pepper, parsley and even sage but it wasn't
exotic. I do know that the year I did them BBQ style, he did not like them.