Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default any easy way to peal an egg?

Bj?rn Steensrud > wrote:
: W. Baker wrote:

: > BessieBee > wrote:
: > : On 11/18/2013 4:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: >
: > : > I don't understand the problems with all these egg cooking. I have
: > : > been
: > : > scrabling eggs sine I was about 8 or 10. It's about the easierst
: > : > thing to cook, unless you simply suny side up fry them.
: >
: > : Based on all the commercials for non-stick frying pans it would seem
: > : that frying an egg sunny side up (in anything other then the product
: > : being sold) means that the cook hasn't learned to do anything other than
: > : stab at the fried egg with their spatula. They make it seem like it's
: > : the fault of the other pan, when in reality the cook hasn't learned how
: > : to slide the spatula under the edge of the cooked egg. Pity the poor
: > : family members who are expecting a decently fried egg and end up with
: > : that botched, hacked up mess that seems a total impossibility without
: > : the wonder pan being sold.
: >
: > : ;-)
: >
: > : --
: > : BessieBee
: >
: > : "The pessimist see difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees
: > : opportunity in every difficulty."
: > : ...Sir Winston Churchill
: >
: > I do find that when I used anold fashioned stick pan(nonon-stick coating
: > I woudl use rather more buter or whatever fat or oil that I use now with a
: > non-stick pan wich I lightly spraywith real oil using the Orka sprayer not
: > a pam=type product whihc only sees to put a yellowish sticky mess
: > permanently on the pan. the little bit of ol makes it really slidable ,
: > but ido use a spatula in case there is a little bit sticking somewhe-)
: > Spatulas are a frying pan's friend.
: >
: > Wendy

: On my cast-iron pan I have to use butter. With any oil I have tried, the
: eggs stick to the pan! With butter, no problem, the spatula slides neatly
: under the eggs - or the omelette rolls cleanly off onto the plate.
: A bit strange, I think ...

Very. Are you sure that Norwegian cows don't get some silicon in their
feed?

Wendy