Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default condensed milk

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

>I had never seen anything but plain old sweetened condensed milk. given
>the sweetness, I would have thought that the fat would be the least of
>things to worry about.

Really? You don't have Pet milk in Canada?

Wait, there's a Stan Rogers lyric that talks about a ranch
wife pouring "Carnation from the can", IIRC into her coffee.
I'm pretty sure that means regular evaporated milk.

Plus, lots of people say "condensed" when they mean "evaporated". It's
usually easy to tell from context what the mean.

Cindy Hamilton