Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default condensed milk

On 11/14/2013 1:28 PM, Gary wrote:
> sf wrote:
>>
>> I feel like I've been living under a rock because I had no idea
>> condensed milk came any way other than full fat! Putting it on my
>> shopping list to check out the availability when I go grocery
>> shopping. http://oi43.tinypic.com/wj89le.jpg

> Is this to make a dessert? Like pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving?
> Unless you use something like that often, you should stick to the full
> fat version, imo. If it's only an occasional holiday dessert, I'd go
> for full flavor. You might get by with the low fat but the non-fat
> will definitely leave you with a loss of flavor/quality.

I won't argue about condensed milk but, after many years using non-fat
or skim milk on my cereal, I can drink such milk without nausea while
regular full-fat milk tastes unpleasant. However, even non-fat milk is
much improved if I drink it with something sweet.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.