Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ross@home Ross@home is offline

Default any easy way to peal an egg?

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:54:49 -0700, Todd > wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I just made some Deviled Eggs for my wife and me.
>Pealing the boiled eggs in a pain. Is there
>any easier way to do it?
>
>Many thanks,
>-T

You will get advice to only use old eggs for hard boiling.
We raise our own hens and have no intention of letting the eggs age if
we want deviled eggs or egg salad.
First, don't boil them. Absolute best way is to steam them. Even fresh
from the hen eggs peel just fine using this method:

Put an inch or two of water in a pot.
Place eggs in a suitable container like a colander and put it in the
pot. Do not let the water touch the eggs.
Cover the pot.
Bring the water to a boil.
Continue boiling for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and let sit for another 10 minutes.
Fill the pot with cold water.
Take the eggs one by one and crack all over with the back of a spoon
then toss them back in the cold water.
Start peeling once all the eggs are cracked and the shells will slip
off easily.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada