Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default French Toast Casserole

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 23:00:32 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 15:37:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm going to make this now:
> >>
> >> http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sugar-f...le/detail.aspx

> > I've had something similar bookmarked for quite a while. Not sure
> > when I'll make it though. Might get a chance to do it during the
> > holidays when all the family is over.

> I've made countless things with leftover bread but this is one that they'll
> eat.

We got out of the bread pudding habit when DIL was doing her year long
elimination diet, trying to figure out if she was allergic to wheat.
It turned out (after a blood test) that it wasn't wheat, it was
yeast... she isn't horribly allergic, but she does get arthritic type
symptoms that are very uncomfortable - she limits yeasted products and
picks her battles now. She never says no to my pizza, so that's quite
a compliment.