Posted to rec.food.cooking
Alan Holbrook[_5_] Alan Holbrook[_5_] is offline

Default Sous Vide Circulators (Was: Sous- Vid(e) cooking)

jmcquown > wrote in
:

> On 10/31/2013 3:55 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Alan Holbrook wrote:
>>>
>>> As far as "special gizmo" is concerned, stoves are special gizmos,
>>> broilers are special gizmos, and grills are special gizmos. So you
>>> must cook your meat on a stick held over an open fire...?

>> Actually Alan, one of my best steak memories was back in the 60's. I
>> was on a Boy Scout campout and I cooked a steak on a forked stick
>> over an open campfire. It was a good one. :-D
>>
>> G.
>>

> I don't recall using a stick, but some of the best steaks I've ever
> eaten were cooked over a wood or lump coal fire.
>
> Jill

I never said it wasn't a _good_ way to cook meat, I was just making a
point about "gizmos". I happen to agree with you. But that doesn't make
cooking sous vide any less valid.