Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier[_1_] st.helier[_1_] is offline

Default Inexpensive Red Blends

"lleichtman" wrote ...

> I had a bottle last year for my 65th birthday.
> It was a present so one doesn't ask the price.
> Still truly an amazing wine with some firm tannins still present.
> Good luck on finding one.
> This one came from a private stock that still had a case left.

Oh Larry, how envious am I :-)
I can count (on one hand) the number of great aged wines to which I have
been party (a 1982 Ch. Mouton-Rothschild being one).
A '47 CB would be my ultimate dream wine - and one which I am unlikely to
ever encounter.
Next year I am spending three months in the UK; France and Italy - and shall
be celebrating Ian Hoare's birthday with him (his wife Jacquie's is 3 days
before his) at La Souvigne in June.
Who knows - perhaps he has a forgotten bottle in his cellar???
Fat chance :-(