Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> I think Karen controls without meds, so I don't think she is over-doing
> the carbs. I remember when I was first diagnosed I was eating 30 gr carb
> per main meal. That worked for a short time and I had to lower it.
> Eventually I was down to about 5 gr for brekky and 10-15 gr at lunch &
> dinner. Snacks were sometimes zero carbs or up to 10 gr. Most of my carbs
> came from non or low starch veggies (and the "free" veggies) and small
> amounts of low GI fruits (berries mostly). I think Karen was the one who
> recently said if it ain't broken why fix it? I apologise if that wasn't
> her

When I was hyperthyroid I could easily eat 45 grams of carb for lunch and
dinner. Only 30 for breakfast. I was still having lots of hypos and had to
eat a lot of candy between meals. Was not on any diabetes meds and was not
having spikes. A1c was in the 4's but I can't remember the exact numbers.
There is no one size fits all in diabetes.