Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Trawley Trash" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 14:49:06 +1000
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>
>> Hi Karen, your friend wouldn't be at the starvation level that would
>> cause the body to cannabalise her muscles To utilise muscle
>> protein you really need to be starving as in no food only water over
>> a period of a few weeks and that comes after the normal process of
>> production of ketones from fat-burning. Your doctor does surprise me
>> though as this is very basic metabolism pathways stuff. If ketosis
>> was dangerous there is no way that children who have epilepsy would
>> be placed on ketogenic diets for control. I am glad your family
>> member is doing better. My nana was found to be eating only jam
>> (jelly) sandwiches in her 90's. I remember my mum ended up catching
>> a bus to her house (5 miles away) every day just to feed her properly
>> and make sure she ate a decent breakfast, lunch and snacks. That way
>> if she only ate jam sandwiches for dinner it wasn't a major problem.

> If you looked at Dr. Lustig's video, you will see that some patients
> are simply unable to lose weight, and I found myself in exactly
> that situation. When I didn't eat, I went into hibernation. I
> lost fat and muscle both but very slowly. I had so much fat to
> lose that I was left weak: unable to run without stumbling. This
> is not some theory, but an observation, and if your theory does
> not explain it, then I must search for another.
>
> My understanding is that the ketones in the urine that come from
> diabetes have nothing to do with ketosis.

The book I am currently reading on allergies and food intolerances cites
these as the cause for both obesity and asthma.

There is also an interesting part about probiotics which are necessary for
everyone but even more so in the case of a person with food issues. The
book says during the birthing process, the baby passes through the vagina
and picks up natural probiotics from the mother. But, we are often too
quick to wash these off of the baby. Worse still is a C-Section. It says
that C-Section babies tend to have more allergies and asthma than those who
were born naturally.

Factor in breast milk or lack thereof and some of us are screwed. My mom
said I wouldn't nurse so was put on formula or milk but I was allergic to
everything. I did breast feed Angela but couldn't produce nearly enough
milk so had to supplement and she too had issues with every formula on the
market at that time. Breast milk also contains probiotics.

My naturopath said they now know that the function of the appendix is to
make natural probiotics, especially when we are sick. Angela had hers
removed just before her 3rd birthday and her health has all gone downhill
from there. She is on probiotics now.