Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/06/2013 12:26 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> What I mean to Todd is my dh's immediate family are pretty long lived,
>> into late 80's & 90's . Not one of them ever had diabetes. They all ate
>> oatmeal, bread, pasta etc., but they didn't/don't overdo it. Phil eats a
>> fair amount of carbs but stays fairly slim.

> Hi Cheri,
>
> We are all somewhat different genetically. I do believe
> the number is one in six of us will eventually get T2.
> (Just what I remember off the top of my head, don't quote me
> as a source on this.)
>
> Though I do wonder how safe it is for T0's, who carb out,
> and have huge swings.
>
> My point is that we should eat what we were designed to
> eat, not things that are unnatural in nature. This high
> carb stuff is only there because "we humans is cleaver".
> Too cleaver for our own good.
>
> -T

My point is/was, you shouldn't make sweeping statements like if you eat
Trix, Captain Crunch, etc., etc., you will catch diabetes, and there is no
"we" should/shouldn't eat this or that, there is only what *I* eat that
works for *me*, after getting good iformantion to go on and trial and error.
EOD

Cheri