Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On Sun, 06 Oct 2013 13:45:02 -0700
Todd > wrote:

> On 10/06/2013 04:10 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:
> > On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 22:14:12 -0700
> > Todd > wrote:
> >
> >> Here is an article to consider on why grains are
> >> unhealthy from Mr. Paleo himself, Mark Sisson who
> >> has been a diabetic since he was a kid:
> >>
> >> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-g...are-unhealthy/
> >>
> >> By the way, for those that argue about what is and what isn't
> >> Paloe, I consider whatever we ate before beer to be Paleo.

> > Yes, but what did we eat before beer? Was it fruit or fish?
> >

> Hi Trawley,
>
> There was a time before beer? TELL ME IT WASN"T SO! (This
> joke from a guy who doesn't drink.)
>
> Next you will tell me there was a time before
> g - a - r - l - i - c! Nooooooooooo :-)
>
> We ate anything we could get our hands on. And the fruit
> was not deliberately hybridized for high carb. Very unnatural
> in nature.

I was thinking of shore-based evolution where we left the jungles
behind early. Humans followed shorelines, and probably
ate coconut, roots, and fish: not fruit. For a long time there
was food in abundance. Chimpanzees dig for roots, but they don't
like water. When water adapted humans came, it would be only natural
to dig down where that bubble comes up through wet sand. Suddenly
humans had a new food source with no natural competitors. A diet
high in protein and fat. Huge shell mounds remain at some of the
busy migration routes. No doubt there are older ones buried
beneath the waves.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.