Posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.dabetes
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Need recommendations for T2 Emergency Pantry

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 03:02:17 +0000 (UTC)
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Trawley Trash > wrote:
> : On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 16:03:53 -0700
> : wrote:
>
> : > >> Ordering simply "wurst" in Germany is like ordering "meat" in
> an : > >> American restaurant. Or "coffee" at Starbucks.
> : > >> You gotta know EXACTLY what you want lest you want to be
> identified : > >> as a hick.
> : > >
> : > > I wasn't talking about German, but American English.
> : >
> : > An we (Todd & I) were talking about Bratwurst and sauerkraut such
> as : > the "Brats" he enjoyed at the roadside stands *in* Germany.
> : > You are free though to talk about something else, although you
> really : > should start another thread to do so.
>
> : The usage that prompted my reply was Wendy's "my favorite Kraut
> dog : is currywurst." This is sliced wurst with curry sauce: not
> : sauerkraut. It isn't a sandwich either.
> : --
> : I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.
>
> Not my work. I never tried it. I only said that inGerman, kraut
> means cabbage, so saurkraut is sour cabbage. since i was speaking of
> ght Germanlanguage then everybody chimed inwith Americna slang of
> kraut for German person, a term used with much derogatory meaning
> during WWII. Ihave never been to German andnever intend to g, but
> Idid study the language for a year in college a long time ago.
>
> Wendy

I may have mis-attributed the quote, but the wording was clearly
not consistent with "Kraut dog" meaning a hot dog with sauerkraut.
We are using two different definitions for "kraut" in this thread.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.