Posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
BessieBee[_2_] BessieBee[_2_] is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

On 9/25/2013 10:56 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Actually much more popular than cereal for kids would be some kind of
> prepacked thing. A granola bar, Nutrigrain bar, Poptart or similar. I
> don't know of too many kids who would take the time to eat a bowl of
> cereal then. Much more common to be eaten at dinner. At least here.

Julie, you're the *last* person on this group who should be commenting
on what is "more popular" for kids' breakfasts. He's grown now, but
when my son was in school his breakfast was cereal sometimes, scrambled
eggs sometimes and occasionally a nicely toasted frozen waffle with real
syrup. This was always accompanied with a glass of milk. After eating
his breakfast he'd usually take a poptart or something with him to eat
on the way to the bus stop.

And, school provided breakfasts weren't only for the poor. Our son ate
his breakfast at school for about a year when his father's and my work
schedules made breakfast at home next to impossible. We paid for those
breakfasts, although I believe those kids that qualified got theirs
free. Those breakfasts consisted of cereal, milk, juice and sometimes
they could also choose a doughnut.

It's all a matter of scheduling. "taking the time to eat a bowl of
cereal" is only a matter of getting the kid(s) up in time. I can't
think of a time when we *ever* had cereal for dinner. A late night
snack perhaps, but certainly not dinner!

--
BessieBee

DON'T LOSE YOUR HEAD
TO GAIN A MINUTE