Old 26-09-2013, 02:47 AM posted to misc.health.diabetes,alt.support.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
Maya Zuiderweg Maya Zuiderweg is offline

Default What cereal to eat for Breakfast?

W. Baker stelde dit idée voor :
In alt.support.diabetes Maya Zuiderweg
$no_spam#[email protected]_me_dot_com#maps_on$ wrote:

I remember my brother eating that: cereals with milk, also a special
type of cereal, I bet that was a sweet kind. No wonder one gets fat.

Here a typical breakfast is 2 slices of bread with a very thin slice of
cheese *or* ham on top, accompanied by tea, sometimes coffee.

M. Most children here in the US on school days will eat a some juice, a

bowl of cerea and milk and , maybe some milk o drink. Mornings in the US
are surried on school days like in most partsof the world. Cereal in
placeofsoem toast is not a big difference. the big eggs, cereal, or
pancakes with syrup , etc breakfasts would be a weekend kind of treat.

The typical weekend treat would be a boiled egg to go with the slices
of bread.

The large breakfast was from the days when so many were farmers and was
not eaten on arising, but after utting in a few early hours milking the
cows, mucking out the barn, etc so a big a ppetite was worked up. There
is some carry ove, but not on working or school days for most peope .

My grandparents were farmers, we used to visit them for a weeks once a
year. Ryebread with cheese, lots of tea was always for breakfast.

On the occasion that family visited them grandpa would slaughter a
chicken, which was crazy for a kid: a running chicken without a head!
The chicken was for soup, for all the days that we were visiting.
I dont have to mention that they were kind of poor, do I?

some kids get breakfast in school adn that is a small container of Orange
juice, a small box of cereal, 8 oz of milk and, sometime a half or whole
small banana.

A school-breakfast was never common here. One ate at home.

Often they don't drink the juice. when my sone was in
kindergarten, the teacher used to get the unopened left over juice form
the cafeteria and the little ones had a mid-morning snack.

Wendy