Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ChairMan[_5_] ChairMan[_5_] is offline

Default 33 best BBQ joints in America

In ,
Ed Pawlowski > belched:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 23:40:17 -0500, "ChairMan" >
> wrote:
>
>> I'm sure there are lots of differing opinions but 10 of the
>> top 33 are here in good ole Tejas
>>
>> http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...aign=thrillist
>>

> Not a surprise to find ten of them in Texas, but it was to find two of
> them in Brooklyn.
>
> I was happy to see Scott's on the list. I was there last year and
> yes, it is very good.

Yeah, I was surprised to see 2 in Brooklyn, too.
Just went back to look at Scotts, yup thats what a Q joint suppose to look
like<g>.
I was surprised that Lockhart Smokehouse made the list, I've been a couple
of times and wasn't impressed at all.
Now Pecan Lodge, thats some damn good Q, they have a express line now. If
your getting more than 5Lbs, you can wait a little less.
Farmers market here got sold to a private developer and they plan on redoing
the market and revamping Shed #2(where Pecan lodge is) and even the mayor
got involved to keep them in Dallas and not to relocate elsewhere. ****ed me
off because I sent Justin an email that a Q joint close to me recently
closed after just 4 months and had a new JR smoker still in it and move in
ready.
Oh well, I tried. We've got another Lockhart Smokehouse coming to
town(suburb) by the end to first of the year, so i guess I'll try 'em again
and see what all the fuss is about
It seems that Q is making a comeback, at least here in Big D, and I'm damn
glad to see it. Nothing better than a sliced beef sammich with some *good*
bark to make yer day.