Posted to alt.food.diabetic
[email protected] anothascreename@aol.com is offline

Default Need recommendations for T2 Emergency Pantry

On 9/21/2013 5:25 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Don Roberto > wrote:
> : On 9/20/2013 1:40 PM, Todd wrote:
> : > That being said, I server in Germany during the Cold War.
> : > The Germans had road side stands with Brats and sour kraut.
> : > I "lived" for them. They were culinary and grease heaven.
> : >
>
> : Actually, in Germany sauerkraut (note proper spelling :-) is just one of
> : the options - my favorite Kraut dog (where Kraut does *not* stand for
> : sauerkraut :-) is Currywurst.
>
> Kraut is simply the word for cabbage so sauer kraut is sourcabbage.

I wasn't writing about what it is, but how it's spelled.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sauerkraut?s=t

Besides "Kraut" isn't just "simply the word for cabbage"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kraut?s=t
see definition #2.

If you
> add some wurst to it that's fine but is something else.

Yep. And THAT something else was what Todd and I were talking about.
BTW - we weren't talking about dishes where you add wurst to sauerkraut,
but dishes where you add sauerkraut and/or other goodies to wurst.
Bratwurst, to be more precise. Bread also comes into play.
You know, like in ye olde American hot dog.