Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Who Are You Who Are You is offline

Default Need recommendations for T2 Emergency Pantry

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 00:25:49 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>Don Roberto > wrote:
>: On 9/20/2013 1:40 PM, Todd wrote:
>: > That being said, I server in Germany during the Cold War.
>: > The Germans had road side stands with Brats and sour kraut.
>: > I "lived" for them. They were culinary and grease heaven.
>: >
>
>: Actually, in Germany sauerkraut (note proper spelling :-) is just one of
>: the options - my favorite Kraut dog (where Kraut does *not* stand for
>: sauerkraut :-) is Currywurst.
>
>Kraut is simply the word for cabbage so sauer kraut is sourcabbage. If you
>add some wurst to it that's fine but is something else.
>
>Wendy

Kraut is also slang for German. So a non-saurkraut kraut dog called
currywurst would be a German dog made from bratwurst and I would guess
(just a guess mind you), curry. As curry has become quite popular
world wide over the last few decades.

Not limited to thinking inside block.