Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Neew Jam for Me

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 23:59:16 -0700
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> > I have never seen any packaged products that did not have
> > sweetener usually HFCS, but sometimes grape or apple juice.
> > Do you use artificially sweetened products? Which ones?

> I don't drink regular juice unless I have to. I don't like it. I do
> drink the juice from a grapefruit if I am eating one, which is
> rarely. I do like them. I just don't eat much fruit ever. I drink
> the diet cranberry. I'm sure it has a sweetener but not sure what.
> I also drink tons of Diet Coke with Lime.

Regular juice products are poison for me. I like the taste of
fruit, but it seems to cause BG problems that last for weeks.
It's an Igg allergy. I think I have decoded the technical
stuff on the immune system to see how this could happen.
These are acquired allergies that fade if I don't eat fruit
for a while, but they come back if I eat some particular
fruit regularly for a few weeks. I've ordered another ELISA
test to see how my allergies have changed in the last two
years.

Now that I have bread that I can eat, I can also use the orange
marmalade that I made a few months ago. No sugar, just oranges
run through the blender and pressure cooked for half an hour.
The next time you have trouble with bread, you might want to
try the San Luis sourdough. It's baked in Seattle, and it is
the only bread I can eat. I am sure it must be distributed
out where you are. Maybe not in all markets though.

Diet drinks don't affect BG too much, but I think they may
affect my appetite. I can drink one once in a while, but
I have been learning to order bottled water instead of
soft drinks, beer or wine. I feel much better that way.
On the one hand it seems like a waste of money, but on
the other hand it is better than drinking something that
affects me negatively.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.