Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Neew Jam for Me

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 00:22:41 +0000 (UTC)
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> I love the flavor of unsweetened grapefruit adn grapefruit juice.
> that is how my Mother alwasy served it and I learned to love it. we
> have a cute tiny video of my then 1 1/2 year old granddaughter(now
> just past 2) being given part of a half grpaefruit to see if whe
> would like it. They expected her to reject it, but instead , she
> stucck her whole head inside the have grapefruit to guzzle it all
> down! I guess the taste for it runs in the family.

It is possible I would like unsweetened grapefruit, but they
are so large I would never buy one for myself. We had lots
of grapefruit when I was young, but my family would not let
me eat anything that wasn't smothered in sugar or syrup.
Except for meat and potatoes.

My biological father wrote a letter suggesting that I would
like string beans. I remember my mother complaining bitterly
that Germans always lied.

"No matter how much sugar I put on them, you
*never* eat string beans."

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.