Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Neew Jam for Me

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:42:13 -0700
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> > Can you name a juice product that does not taste too sweet? I
> > can't find any.

> Sure. Cranberry and gaprefruit.

Both are OK, but hard to endure without some sweetener.
Now that I think of it I have an alternative sports drink
recipe that uses fresh cranberries instead of lime juice.
I use dextrose for sweetener, but I think I am having problems
from the 1-1/2 tablespoons. I buy it from a health food store,
and the purity is questionable. I think I will order some
reagent grade glucose from chemical supply company. Then I
can tell for sure whether the problem is fructose contamination
or just too much glucose.

I don't like grapefruit though. Too bitter. I will eat
it if that is all I have.

I have never seen any packaged products that did not have
sweetener usually HFCS, but sometimes grape or apple juice.
Do you use artificially sweetened products? Which ones?

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.