Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Rosin/Resin Baked Potatoes

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 23:03:02 -0700, sf > wrote:
snip

>No idea what rosin is, but that won't stop me from thinking this
>concept sounds absolutely terrible. How do you bake an item when it
>is being boiled? Seeing that a "Cracker Barrel" recipe is #2 on the
>Google hit list doesn't make it any better.

rosin is what violinists rub on the bow hairs to make the bow grab the
strings. It's what ballet dancers put on the toes of their shoes.
What weight lifters put on their hands. Gymnasts put it on their
hands, etc., etc., etc. It's that white powdered stuff, used for its
sticky properties.
Janet US