Old 19-09-2013, 08:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Neew Jam for Me

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"W. Baker" wrote in message
I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has
added
fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10
calories
per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I
canget
them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
the poached eggs and my black coffee.

Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
gut.

Wendy

I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.

Cheri

You have it there but perhaps not all stores carry it. I think that I
bought it at Target.

OK, thanks. I'm sort of put off by the Splenda since it does leave an
awful aftertaste in my mouth. I usually use aspartame.

I don't think that what I've bought had Splenda but lemme see... They have
changed the products since I bought them. What I tried didn't have the
added fiber. I ate the kind sweetened with fruit juice. But again, I
probably only ate a teaspoon at a time. I don't like sweet things much. I
just wanted something to lessen the stickiness of my peanut butter.

http://www.polanerspreads.com/?gclid...FWXZQgodMmkA0w