Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Neew Jam for Me

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "W. Baker" > wrote:
>
>> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> : On 9/18/2013 1:10 PM, W. Baker wrote:
>> : > I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
>> : > contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has
>> added
>> : > fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10
>> calories
>> : > per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
>> : > flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I
>> canget
>> : > them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this
>> morning
>> : > with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely
>> with
>> : > the poached eggs and my black coffee.
>> : >
>> : > Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy
>> my
>> : > gut.
>> : >
>> : > Wendy
>> : >
>>
>> : On the rare (once a year or less) occasion I make coconut shrimp for
>> DH,
>> : I use Polaners apricot to make a dipping sauce by adding in some Dijon
>> : mustard to taste.
>>
>> : --
>> : Janet Wilder
>> : Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> : Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
>>
>> I checked the Fairway today where I had gotten the original jar of the
>> sugar-free fiber Apricot jam and found thae only other flavor they had
>> was
>> concord Grape, fine for kids with PB&J, but not to my taste. I don'tknow
>> if they will be putting out any more flavos or if the store will be
>> carrying any more.

> My supermarkets (Stop and Shop and Shoprite) regularly carry Polaner and
> Smuckers jams sweetened with Splenda. (Smuckers also has some
> stevia-sweetened jams.) In addition, the Stop and SHop store brand also
> has some Splenda-sweetened jams. I regularly get strawberry, peach,
> apricot, seedless blackberry, raspberry, orange marmalade, and blueberry.

I used to eat and thought that I liked the Smuckers. I never eat it
straight up on toast or anything like that. Just a smidge on a peanut
butter sandwich. Then I tried the Crofters all fruit and loved it. Could
not find the Crofters one day so went back to the Smuckers. Found that I
could not eat it at all. Just tasted artificial to me. The Crofters may
well contain fruit juice. Not sure. But since I only have a tiny dab that
matters very little.