Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Neew Jam for Me

Alice Faber > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:

: > Janet Wilder > wrote:
: > : On 9/18/2013 1:10 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > : > I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
: > : > contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
: > : > fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10 calories
: > : > per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
: > : > flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
: > : > them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
: > : > with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
: > : > the poached eggs and my black coffee.
: > : >
: > : > Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
: > : > gut.
: > : >
: > : > Wendy
: > : >
: >
: > : On the rare (once a year or less) occasion I make coconut shrimp for DH,
: > : I use Polaners apricot to make a dipping sauce by adding in some Dijon
: > : mustard to taste.
: >
: > : --
: > : Janet Wilder
: > : Way-the-heck-south Texas
: > : Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
: >
: > I checked the Fairway today where I had gotten the original jar of the
: > sugar-free fiber Apricot jam and found thae only other flavor they had was
: > concord Grape, fine for kids with PB&J, but not to my taste. I don'tknow
: > if they will be putting out any more flavos or if the store will be
: > carrying any more.

: My supermarkets (Stop and Shop and Shoprite) regularly carry Polaner and
: Smuckers jams sweetened with Splenda. (Smuckers also has some
: stevia-sweetened jams.) In addition, the Stop and SHop store brand also
: has some Splenda-sweetened jams. I regularly get strawberry, peach,
: apricot, seedless blackberry, raspberry, orange marmalade, and blueberry.

I have used the Smuckers, but don't find them great. This one, the
Apricot Polaners sugar-Free(as opposed to the fruit-juice spreads), has a
nice texture adn flavor wit a sense of havign fruit in it which the
smuckers seem to have fairly little of. As I said, I usually make my own
jam form , now , mostly blueberries as I don't get to the country erliy
enough to get the local strawberries and my wild raspberry and blackberry
bushes seem to have been displaced by assorted other weeds, so I can't
pick enough. The Smuckers is more like jelly than jam, without pieces of
fruit in them, shile mne are very fruity.

Wendy