Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Neew Jam for Me

Cheri > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: >I recently saw Polaner's sugar-free apricot jam and bought it. It
: > contains 4 grams of carb per Tablespoon of which 3 are fiber(it has added
: > fiber) and is sweetened with sucralose, no sugar alcohols, and 10 calories
: > per tablespoonful. I found it very pleasant and will look for other
: > flavors in the future. I do make my own jams form berries when I canget
: > them, but this apricot looked like a good bet. I had some this morning
: > with a piece of low carb toast adn it was very god adn went nicely with
: > the poached eggs and my black coffee.
: >
: > Sucralose works forme, unlike the sugar alohols, which really annoy my
: > gut.
: >
: > Wendy
: >

: I don't think I've ever seen that brand out here in CA.

: Cheri

Too bad, as Polaners is a good brand , generally. They were, I beleve,
the first to make the fruit-juice sweetened jams that were somewhat lower
carb adn calorie than the regular jams. Because of this, I read the label
of this new jam carefully to make sure it had no grape or other fruitjuice
in it .

I hope, for your sake , that it comes to the West coast so you can enjoy
it. Perhaps there might be a website, . Try Polaners.com adn see if
anything comes up.

Wendy