Edwin Pawlowski

Default cleaning grill - before or after cooking?

> wrote in message
nk.net...
> This was briefly mentioned in an above post about the ultimate steak, but
> there seems to be two schools of thought of when is the right time to
> clean off your grill 1) right after cooking, when the crud is still warm,
> 2) right before you start to cook, the crud "protects and seasons" your
> grill between cooking.

Depends.

If really cruddy and greasy, I'll crank it up and burn it out now rather
than wait. I'd rather not have to wait for smoky flames to die down before
I start to grill a hot dog for lunch. It thee is little residue, say from
cooking a hot dog for lunch, I'll let it go.
Ed