Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Need recommendations for T2 Emergency Pantry

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>
>>> I love Spam, hubby hates it. I don't eat it as much as I'd like to, but
>>> I do like to fry it once in awhile and top it with a bit of Miracle
>>> Whip. :-)

>> I should have thought of that tonight. I was going to make ham steaks
>> and couldn't find them. Then I found out that he ate them! I had more
>> in the freezer so did those. The Spam would have been quicker but I
>> wasn't thinking very well. Was trying to clean up the spilled nails and
>> screws in the garage when he came in. And I either have a fever or it's
>> just the heat so I was sweating to death.

> Is the humidity high in your area?

I didn't check it but it doesn't feel muggy. The odd thing about our
weather is that we normally have high humidity except when the temp. goes
up. We might have 2 muggy feeling days a year. Sometimes 3. It's actually
pretty dry.

Now that I think about it, I think this illness started prior. It began
with foot and leg cramps and I couldn't figure out why I had them. My big
toes were pointing upwards and my calves were tight all the time. No amount
of stretching would help. I finally had to use my electric massager to get
relief so I could sleep. The tight muscles were so bad that I had much more
trouble walking than usual. I have finally gotten stronger to the point
where I can walk from the dance studio to the grocery store. To do this I
pass by 7 small businesses. One is a Subway sandwich shop and most of these
places are about that size to slightly bigger. So not a long walk. Used to
be that I had to stop and rest 2-3 times. But when I tried to make the walk
on Monday, I had to pretty much stop and rest about every 10 steps. My legs
were just weak! Even sitting caused pain.

After maybe 2-3 days of this, the pain worked its way upwards. I perhaps
wrongly assumed this was a Fibromyalgia flare. Often with those the pain
starts either at the bottom and works its way up or the opposite. This time
I had bad pain in my hip sockets and my thighs ached both front and back.
But not just the muscles. Like the whole entire area.

Also I had a weird headache that surrounded my right eye, went into my neck
and down into the right shoulder. But... I mostly would wake up with this
and as the day went on, it receded.

I am pretty sure now that I did have a fever. I went from sweating to
chilling.

Right now I am very hungry but afraid to eat. I had my normal toast for
breakfast. For dinner I only had a small hunk of bread. We got a free
little demi loaf from Target. Later, I had a small dish of applesauce and
an organic lollipop because my throat was sore.

I think I got dehydrated as well. My fingertips seemed dry and looked very
wrinkled. That's not normal for me.

BG was down to 127 before dinner but shot up to 220 after, probably from
eating pretty much all carbs.

Am going to go make some white rice now and drink a ton of water. My mom
told me to go to the walk in clinic earlier but I felt too awful to even
drive. Plus I feared that I would continue to throw up. *sigh*