Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Cauliflower

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:09:43 AM UTC-7, Ophelia wrote:
> Does anyone else think it bland? I usually dress it with something to make
>
> it taste of err something.
>

> Yesterday I fried onions and sliced garlic, added preserved dried toms in
>
> oil and balsamic vinegar! It proved a hit!
>

> What favourite ways of preparing cauli do you have, if anything?

My two favorite ways are a cauliflower mash and cauliflower rice.

For the mashed cauliflower I cook the cauliflower, chopped, in boiling salted water till it is quite tender. I usually put ONE good sized russet potato in with the cauliflower to cook.
Drain and mash with butter, sour cream, salt, pepper and some chopped parsley.

For cauliflower 'rice', grate the cauliflower with a box grater or the grating insert for your
food processor. Cook it in a large skillet with a little butter, salt and pepper till it is barely tender, don't overcook it. Makes a great 'rice' to serve with any dish you normally would serve with rice.

I eat low carb so cauliflower is on my menu regularly.

I also love it roasted as in this recipe. This is a favorite way to roast it.

http://www.hizzoners.com/index.php/r...ed-cauliflower