AzuReBlue

Default Cornstarch vs. Flour?

In article >,
says...
> AzuReBlue wrote:
>
> > I was wondering what the difference is between using cornstarch to
> > thicken something vs. flour. Is there any? Can I use cornstarch
> > in place of flour with no noticeable effect?

> Depends on what you're doing and how you're doing it.
>
> What are you doing? How are you doing it? More info from you gets more
> info.
>
> Pastorio

I was making Chicken and Dumplings and the recipe called for flour &
water to thicken. That got me thinking about other recipes I've made
where cornstarch is called for, gravy if I remember correctly. Just
wondered what, if any, difference there was.

Thanks!

--
Are you bored? Want to be entertained? Need some thrill in your life?
Well, a visit to my site won't help you, but here's the link

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~misseegirl4/index.htm